The Range Slider field of Forms allows you to grab a handle or rating marker to select a number from a pre-defined range of numbers.
- To add this field to your form, drag and drop the field from the available Advanced input fields. Input fields can be added to a form in other different ways. Let’s create a form first.
- To enable customization, click on the edit icon you get when hovering over the field. Or click on the Input Customization tab in the right sidebar when the field is selected.
In the Input Customization section, you can customize the input field in the following ways. In this section, you will find 2 portions:
- Basic Options
- Advanced Options
Basic Options #
On the right side of the tab, there are some important Basic options which are given below:
- Element Label: This is the text that users will see on the form of the input field. You can put any text here that helps to understand the purpose of that field.
- Admin Field Label: If you want to show a different label for your admin users when they view the form submissions you can configure that. It doesn’t have any actual effect on the form but rather only for administrative purposes.
- Default Value: You can manually set any fixed value in your field also you can pre-populate your input field dynamically by using our available shortcodes. To get a better understanding of Dynamic Default Value, read this guide.
- Min and Max Value: The min is the value from where the slider value will start and the max is the value where the slider value ends. If you choose 200 as min and 1000 as max the user can select a value in between this range.
- Step: The user can provide a step attribute for this field. Give value “any” for floating value
- Label Placement: Determine the placement of the label, that you set previously, with respect to the input field. The available options are ‘Top’, ‘Left’, ‘Right’, and ‘Default’. All of those are self-explanatory except the ‘Default’. What it means is, that it will represent your global label placement settings.
- Required: Determine whether the field could be empty or not when the user submits your form by choosing the appropriate option from here.
Advanced Options #
The Advanced customizations available for the Range Slider field are as follows:
- Name Attribute: The input field’s name attribute is the HTML equivalent of the same name. You don’t need to modify this.
- Help Message: To guide your user thoroughly you can use this option. Just add your text here and it will be shown as a help message to the user.
- Container Class: Use this option to add your custom CSS classes to the field’s wrapper.
- Element Class: Similarly, you can add custom CSS classes to the input field itself.
- Conditional Logic: You can create certain rules to dynamically hide/show the input field based on the values from some other fields. To get a better understanding of Conditional Logic, read this
- Save the form when the customization is done.